Ammar Bhaisaheb, PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP
Ammar Bhaisaheb is the Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with extensive experience in the field of healthcare projects and product management. Over the past few years Ammar has successfully planned, managed and implemented various multi-million dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains for various state governments. Additionally, Ammar is also a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) with comprehensive knowledge in Agile Project Management. Ammar's most recent projects includes successful implementation of federally mandated International Classification of Diseases (ICD) transformation from ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes for the State of Wisconsin and consolidation of various Regulatory Services systems into a single roles-based Salesforce system at the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) and Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). While working with different State Medicaid agencies, Ammar possesses excellent understanding on the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture.
Ammar possesses a strong management and leadership skills working in a fast-paced environment with the strong ability to establish effective working relationships within the office, clients, vendors and others outside the organization. Over the course of his entire career, Ammar has also trained and mentored various junior project managers and business leads on the effective project management methodologies.
Ammar has an extensive experience working as a project manager for various state governments across United States. During the course of his career, Ammar has successfully planned, managed and implemented multi-million dollar projects on-time, within budget, and with agreed upon scope that meets customer quality requirements..Primary responsibilities included;
- Establishing and implementing project management processes and methodologies ensuring the project gets delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Development of the project management deliverables such as;
- Business Case
- Project Idea
- Project Charter
- Stakeholder Register
- Requirements Management Plan
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Detailed work plan/schedule using Microsoft Project
- Project Management Plan
- Risk Register
- Change Control Log
- Project Budget Analysis
- Implementation Plan
- Lessons Learned Document and many more...
- Managed project requirements, deliverables and product release plan.
- Served as the point of contact for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and drafting the quarterly reports/Implementation Advanced Planning Document (IAPD) for CMS
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones, risks, issues and resource assignments
- Coordinate System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing efforts
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to the project team
Ammar has an extensive experience working as the contract manager for the multi-million dollars external vendor contracts. Primary responsibilities included;
- Providing guidance and expertise on contract terms for vendor contracts and agreements
- Serving as the primary liaison for stakeholders, vendors and Legal department
- Developing contract language to support negotiations while ensuring consistency with the federal and state requirements
- Negotiating contract terms with the vendor and pursuing cost saving opportunities in-line with the organizational goals
- Develop and manage the procurement process including drafting Statement of Work (SOW), Request for Proposal (RFP), Acquisition Plan and Contract Amendments
- Approve the payments to the external vendor after verifying the successful completion of the work performed by the external vendor
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to establish, prioritize, and track strategic requirements to be communicated with vendors, while managing escalation and arbitration of relationship and operational issues